Here at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our industry-leading scale means unparalleled commercial reach, unique customer access and a global footprint. Our broad customer base, from research, clinical to commercial production means you can have a broad and significant impact. All while working in an environment where you will be supported, valued and rewarded for your performance. Join our Sales & Marketing team with an unmatched depth of capabilities and help our customers solve some of the world’s toughest challenges.
Division Specific Information
Working within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Speciality Diagnostic Group, within the Microbiology Division (MBD), our customers worldwide trust our microbiology solutions for the diagnosis of infectious disease and detection of bacterial contamination in industrial applications. We serve public health, clinical laboratories, food companies and environmental screening with a portfolio of products that include culture media, antimicrobial susceptibility testing solutions and best-in-class molecular solutions for food safety testing.
Discover Impactful Work
We are looking for somebody who seeks a strong sales career within a global organisation that enables individuals to reach their best through continuous challenges and expansive opportunities. Working within a team of contributed sales professionals, you’ll be helping a business that is dedicated to delivering quality products that help society.
Industrial Account Manager (Microbiology) Eastern France
• Location: Lyon, Strasbourg, Dijon (field-based role)
• Product Portfolio: https://www.thermofisher.com/microbiology
A day in life
• Achieve the territory sales targets
• Enforce to company policy for pricing and quotations
• Generate the appropriate level of sales activity
• Position Thermo Fisher Scientific Microbiology as the preferred partner on the market
• Report on sales and market issues via the CRM system
• Connect with other Thermo Fisher Scientific colleagues to exchange knowledge and built partnerships
This is a remote and customer-facing role within the Eastern Regions of France. In the respect of Covid restrictions, significant travel within territory would be required
• Graduate in Microbiology, Biomedical Science or Biological Science or equivalent
• Relevant laboratory experience
• First track of record in sales with scientific background, ideally in industrial microbiology
• Ability to travel within assigned territory and to occasionally attend meetings outside of your territory (Europe)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Outgoing, friendly and confident personality, able to optimally engage with customers across a range of meetings, exhibitions and formal presentations.
• Knowledge of the Food Safety Molecular Testing Market would be a plus
• Excellent command of French and very good command of English
• Desire to be successful in representing Thermo Fisher Scientific and selling Microbiology products
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
• Full and current French driving licence
• The role holder must live within the territory (or be able to relocate there within 6 months)
In addition to an attractive salary and sales related bonus payments other benefits offered by the Company include a defined contribution pension scheme, life assurance and private medical insurance.
A business needs car along with business tools such as laptop, iPad, mobile phone etc will be provided.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. A one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement – working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.